Here at Hain Daniels we are currently recruiting for an Area Manager at our Corby site. Here, we produce freshly prepared fruit, freshly squeezed juices and smoothies, fresh fruit patisserie and fruit jellies for the retail channel.
Reporting to the Shift Production Manager, you will be responsible for the overall operational management of your designated area (prepared fruit and desserts). You will lead the factory in the achievements of long-term performance targets through the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives, project planning implementation together with practical application of strategic objectives to ensure achievement of the Company business plan.
• Formulate, agree, monitor and implement operational plans to ensure budgetary targets are met to include specific reporting on relevant KPI measurements using DWOR;
• Ensure labour targets are met and areas are planned to achieve daily targets.
• Maximise, monitor and develop/implement initiatives to improve yields ensuring focus is provided on a daily basis
• Report Area performance to the Shift Senior Production Manager..
• Ensure high levels of employee engagement.
• Conduct regular team meetings and facilitate clear lines of communication utilising factory performance boards and championing the use of the tier process.
• Manage & monitor workforce performance and employee absence, coaching and mentoring employees where necessary whilst also ensuring appropriate application of policy to address concerns.
• Ensure high levels of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) are set and employees are engaged at all times and standard are regularly met.
What you will need for the role / what it will take
• Experience in food manufacturing environment
• Practical understanding of HACCP, GMP and hygiene systems
• Food Safety Auditing Experience
• Experience of leading a team
The Hain Daniels Group is one of the UK's leading food companies. With sales of c£500m, we create food and drink products with natural goodness at their core. We're the business behind a host of household brands - Hartley's jams and jellies, Sun-Pat peanut butters, New Covent Garden Soup Co., Linda McCartney's meat free food, and Yorkshire Provender to name a few. Nearly half of our business is private label - we create quality freshly prepared fruit and juices, desserts, soups, sweet spreads and meat free products for our retail partners.
To make it easier for everyone to lead a healthier, balanced lifestyle. Without our great team of people, this vision couldn't be our reality.
Top Talent across the UK
Over our 12 sites up and down the UK, we employ circa 3,100 people in roles within Production, Supply Chain, Product Development, Sales and Marketing, and through to our Finance, HR, IT and beyond. Each of our colleagues is vital to our continued success. That's why we target the best talent, and help to develop them through the ranks. In fact, almost a third of our vacancies were internal promotions and transfers last year.
Learning and Development
We offer Management and Leadership Development programmes appropriate to an individual's role and skill level, as well as a broad range of other training and development initiatives, including an extensive e-Learning suite to help self-serve your own development further.
If Hain Daniels sounds like the company you'd like to contribute your energy and enthusiasm towards, and come on an exciting journey with us, then we can't wait to hear from you!