Hain Daniels are currently recruiting a buyer to work in the Procurement team which is based in Corby. This role reports to the Category Head of Procurement and is required to assist in the implementation of sourcing strategies across Group, focussing on packaging categories and indirect goods and services. The view is to deliver cost effective procurement and contracting whilst meeting the business needs.
In addition, this role will be to represent the day to day procurement activities for the different divisions across Hain Daniels.
- Coordinate category procurement activities with Group sites to facilitate the implementation of effective sourcing strategies
- Develop a detailed understanding of category requirements and sources of supply to ensure quality and pricing requirements are achieved
- Negotiate supply contracts in line with Group terms and conditions and within established standard costs
- Monitor the cost and performance of preferred suppliers to ensure acceptable quality is maintained at best value
- Investigate and recommend cost saving proposals including alternative sourcing, product re-engineering and substitution
- Support the innovation contribution from suppliers in terms of new products
- Facilitate good working relationships with suppliers and internal customers
- Resolve invoice pricing queries
- Complete product costings
What you'll need for the role:
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Stakeholder engagement skills
- IT Literact, Word, Excel Powerpoint
- Understand fundamental procurement processes
- Excellent analytical skills
- Flexibility to handle changing conditions
- Ability to work independantly
- Regular travel is required between sites
- Experience in packaging and/ or indirect based procurement role preferred
Why join us?
At Hain Daniels we’ve developed a real recipe for success: we create tasty food and drinks with goodness at their core, and work with some incredible brands whose ethos is the same as ours. At the core of everything we do are our people: without them, we simply wouldn’t be a market-leading food and drink specialist.
The typical Hain Daniels employee is friendly, hard-working and passionate about what they do. And by showing such commitment to us, we reward our team members with a lovely place to work and the chance to achieve their potential; with plenty of opportunities for personal development. We offer generous pay and a genuine opportunity to help the business grow.