Our client, a well-established, multi-site organisation, seeks a Lead Auditor to audit suppliers to group standards and carry out internal systems audits to accreditation standards whilst providing general support to factory personnel. The successful candidate will report into the Group Technical Manager and be based in South Yorkshire with occasional travel to other sites across the UK.
As a key member of the Technical Team, responsibilities for the role will be to :
- Ensure all supplier documents are obtained for approval to supply
- Ensure audits are carried out to the relevant standard i.e. Internal Supplier Audit Standard/ appropriate Accreditation standard
- Contact Suppliers or Site Representatives to arrange audits
- Prepare for audits sending out pre-audit questionnaires, gathering information relevant to the audit, generating audit checklists
- Carry out audits and evaluate supplier or quality systems against the relevant standard or third party
- Generate and issue audit reports, carrying out follow up audits and reviews
- Follow up any quality issues during audit with regard to the supplier to ensure corrective actions are closed out/completed
- Carry out internal audits
- Support factory personnel with Quality/Technical issues and audits
- Assist with training of factory personnel as required
- Ensure up to date raw material specifications are obtained and held for each site
The working hours for this role are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday within the core office hours 8am – 5pm with some flexibility. Salary is £competitive.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4387 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Previous experience auditing against BRC standards within the Food Industry
- Lead Auditor / Supplier Auditor
- Ideally L3 HACCP
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- An ability to communicate at all levels
- Self-motivated and driven with an ability to use own initiative as well as working as part of a team
- Able to make decisions at an appropriate level
- Full UK Driving licence