This job is working for a very well-established and respected chilled and frozen ready meal manufacturer supplying into the retailer and food service markets. Always at the forefront of product development and innovation they have continually invested in new facilities and the latest technologies and are currently in the process of opening a 36,000 square foot factory extension.
To ensure that all operating machinery such as Depositors, Sealing Machines, Line Conveyors (including fridges and blast freezers) within the High Care area are fully operational at all times to minimise downtime. To support the Line Leaders and Line Feeders on all 4 lines to ensure the Production targets are met and to ensure portioning operatives maintain the highest of hygiene standards at all times.
High Care Operation:
- To maintain all sealing tools in a serviceable state of repair, ready for use on the line at all times. Report any issues to the Maintenance Department
- To maintain depositing machinery to a serviceable state of repair. Ensure all Depositors are working for the days production. Report any issue to the Maintenance Department in a timely manner to minimize down time.
- To check depositors on a daily basis for damage, wear and tear and leaks. To make good repairs where appropriate with support from the Maintenance department.
- To clean sealing / base tools daily and check compression springs are in a usable state for the following day's production.
- With the Maintenance engineers to run test conveyors, metal detectors and machines following production to ensure any faults are rectified prior to next day's production.
- To check roller condition of all conveyors daily, and report and record any issues to the Maintenance Department.
- Ensure the correct sealing and base tools are in position on each line on product change over.
- Ensure each line has serviceable depositors on each line during the production run.
- Assist the High Care Senior Supervisor in his duties wherever possible.
- Supporting the High Care Supervisor ensure all the 4 operational lines are being run at full capacity at all times.
- Ensure Line Feeders are stocking the lines to ensure operational continuity. Support Line Feeders as and when necessary to maximize line performance.
- Ensure products are ready prior to the next production run commencing. Report any issues to the High Care Supervisor.
- Ensure all products for the days production run are decanted and stored in the decanting fridge.
- Ensure the quality of products meet Company and product specifications at all times.
- Assist the Senior High Care Supervisor in training the appropriate personnel in the usage and cleaning of High Care Machinery.
- Ensure the High Care area is operated and maintained in accordance with Health and Safety requirements and Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure all High Care areas are maintained and cleaned to the highest level of Hygiene standards.
- Co-operate with the Company to enable the Company to carry out its legal duties under Health and Safety laws and utilise all items provided to ensure the Health and Safety of employees and others.
- Take reasonable care of your health, safety and hygiene of yourself and anyone else you are in contact with at work.
- Report all accidents, however minor to the HR Manager or another senior Manager of the Company.
- Report any mechanical breakdowns immediately to the Senior High Care Supervisor and Maintenance Department to minimise production downtime.
- Ensure all on site contractors have completed the relevant Health and Safety risk assessment ensuring a safe system of work at all times.
- Carry out any other reasonable business request as and when instructed to do so.