Here at Hain Daniels we are currently recruiting for an Order Picker to assist in ensuring that all customer orders are picked timely and accurately. You will ensure a safe and tidy working environment at all times, ensuring that all procedures are carried out correctly.
• To assist in the picking of all customer orders by depot.
• Check all product counts are accurate against the delivery note/picking sheets.
• Ensure the operation of vehicles and machinery is correct, and adheres to all quality, production and health and safety procedures.
• Ensure housekeeping and hygiene of the area is maintained to a high level.
• Provide assistance in training other staff and provide cover when required.
• Ensure area start-up checks are completed and departmental procedures are followed.
• To make suggestions on ways to improve performance in your area and implement agreed actions.
What you will need for the role / what it will take
• Be able to work rotating day shifts (12 hours) – some weekend work will be required
• Must hold a Fork Lift Truck licence
• Must be able to work using own initiative and on occasions, unsupervised.
• Able to understand and implement Good Manufacturing Practice.
• Inherent understanding of site hygiene, technical, QA and Health & Safety.
• Good administrative skills required to record data and complete paperwork accurately.
• Effective communicator at all levels.
• Must be flexible and able to cover late finishes when required.
About Us / what we do:
At our Orchard House Foods site, Gateshead, we manufacture freshly prepared fruit for both the retail & convenience channels as well as key foodservice partners, making high quality, delicious food-to-go products. For over 30 years, Orchard House Foods have remained the UK’s market leader in ready-to-eat fresh fruit products, fresh fruit patisserie and drinks for leading UK retailers. Our commitment to innovation and NPD is renowned, as is our investment in our people. Our manufacturing sites and processes are some of the best invested and cutting-edge in the industry and are certified to the BRC Global Standard for Food Manufacturing, Grade A.
Why join us?
At Hain Daniels we’ve developed a real recipe for success: we create tasty food and drinks with goodness at their core, and work with some incredible brands whose ethos is the same as ours. At the core of everything we do are our people: without them, we simply wouldn’t be a market-leading food and drink specialist.
The typical Hain Daniels employee is friendly, hard-working and passionate about what they do. And by showing such commitment to us, we reward our team members with a lovely place to work and the chance to achieve their potential; with plenty of opportunities for personal development. We offer generous pay and a genuine opportunity to help the business grow.