To effectively supervise the Pen Transfer area to ensure all products required for daily production are transferred into High Care in accordance with Production Plans, Product Specifications and Food Safety guidelines, ensuring the quality and safety of all products at all times._________________________________________________ __________________
- Supervise a team of 3 x Pen Operatives on shift to ensure the area operates to fulfil the following requirements;
- Ensure all products transferred from the Kitchen area are to the correct product specification. Report any quality issues immediately to a Manager of the business
- Ensure that all products are at the required temperature for transfer and are stored correctly. All products stored in the food chill must be labelled with the production date, product name, and BB date. All products must be covered whilst being stored in the chillers.
- Ensure all products are stored at the correct temperatures whether in the Chiller or Hot Room. Ensure that all Critical Control Points are strictly adhered to. Report any anomalies immediately to a Manager of the business.
- Ensure all products are labelled correctly and weighed accurately. All transferred products must have the weights recorded on the appropriate forms. Any anomalies must be reported to a Manager of the business immediately as any shortfalls can have a detrimental effect on the day's production.
- Liaising with the Kitchen Manager/ Shift Manager/ High Care Supervisor to ensure the correct amount of product is ready to go to the line prior to the production run commencing. Liaise with the Kitchen Manager to ensure additional products are ordered in a timely manner to ensure continuity of Production runs.
- Liaise with the High Risk Supervisor/ Shift Manager/ High Care Supervisor to decide and determine order of additional products if required to maximise operational efficiency of the High Risk area and to minimise Production costs.
- Ensure any products prepared in the Pen area are completed in accordance with product specifications. All mash should be made in good time before going to line so that the correct temperature for portioning can be obtained before going to line.
- Ensure all Company documentation is correctly completed in accordance with Operating Procedures including Product Passports, Transfer Documents, Stock Reports, Preparation Completion Sheets, Spice Room Completion Sheets, Fridge Temperature checks.
- No product must be transferred from the Kitchen unless the relevant Passport has been received and has been completed and signed off by either the Kitchen Manager or Supervisor as authorised for transfer.
- Compile and deliver stock report from chillers directly relating to the area on a daily basis. These stock reports must be completed daily and given to Nazir, Executive Director at the end of the shift.
- Devise succession plan in conjunction with the HR Manager to maintain current level of skill set within the area. Identify individual team members training needs and develop PDP's with support from the HR Manager.
- Maintain a positive working environment at all times.
- Report any production issues, stock shortages in a timely manner to a Manager.
- Assist the HR Manager in the discipline and development of team members.
- Identify performance issues within all areas of production and with the support from the HR Manager formulate plans to effectively manage poor performance.
- Assist the HR Manager in conducting individual annual appraisals and PDP,s.
- Support the compilation and implementation of OP documentation and training plans to promote a multi skilled team within the area.
- Ensure all production targets are met on a daily basis and that the production plan is strictly adhered too.
- Carry out any other reasonable business request as and when instructed to do so.
- Ensure staffing levels are maintained within the labour model.
- Report any staffing issues to the HR Manager.
- Ensure the effective use of Labour at all times to minimise labour costs.
- Ensure all staff are trained fully in Operating Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure the Production area is operated in accordance with Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure all Production areas are maintained and cleaned to the highest level of Hygiene standards.
- Report any mechanical breakdowns immediately to the Factory Manager and Engineering Department to minimise production downtime.
A drive to succed in a fast paced food manufacturing environment is required for this position