Supervising a team of portioning operatives to ensure products are portioned within specification, operational standards / GMP and food safety / Quality procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To lead a team and be responsible for all staff members, portioning, changeovers, food safety / Quality and to ensure that all process paper work is completed correctly.
- Ensure the effect running of the sealing machine, check weigher and metal detector, ensuring that all settings are correct on both the sealing machine and checkweigher.
- Ensure all products are portioned in accordance with the product specification.
- Ensure all Company documentation is correctly completed in accordance with Operating Procedures including Product Passports, Trolley Counts, Transfer Documents, Weight Checks, Gas Checks, Component Checks, Product Change over Sheets and Metal Detection Records.
- Ensure that line down time is minimised at all times by ensuring the correct amount of components are ready when portioning commences.
- Ensure that products are portioned within the correct temperatures and weights.
- .Ensure that the line and surrounding working area is kept clean to the highest of standards at all times.
- Ensure that all wastage is recorded accurately.
- Record all line downtime and the reasons.
- Maintain a positive working environment at all times.
- Report all production variances to the High Care Supervisor/ Manager.
- Assist the High Care Supervisor/Manager in identifying individuals for progression to the next level.
- Coach and Monitor team members to ensure that all operational standards are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure all production targets are met on a daily basis.
- Ensure product Run Rates are achieved to keep in line with the timings of the production plan.
- Carry out any other reasonable business request or instruction as and when instructed to do so.
- Ensure line staffing levels are maintained within the portioning staffing lists.
- Report any staffing issues to the Senior High Care Supervisor/ Manager or HR Manager.
- Ensure the effective use of Labour at all times to minimise labour costs.
- Ensure all staff are trained fully in Operating Procedures.
- Ensure all Critical Control Measures are carried out and adhered to at all times.
- Ensure the High Care area is operated in accordance with Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure all High Care areas are maintained and cleaned to the highest level of Hygiene standards.
- Report any mechanical breakdowns immediately to the Senior High Care Supervisor/ Manager.
A drive to succeed and build a career within the food manufacturing industry