Are you an experienced process manager, looking for your next role in a highly reputable company?
Laila's Fine Foods are a successful, family run manufacturer of chilled and frozen ready meals for the UK retail and foodservice sectors. committed to 'Manufacturing Excellence'. Working through both innovation and investment, our product range is second to none and instantly recognisable. Business potential is excellent and the company has entered a period of cultural change that has facilitated the need for this position. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a high profile and progressive manufacturer with excellent opportunities for career development and expansion.
Having recently spent over £7m on a state of the art factory extension that has taken our production from 40 tonnes to 60 tonnes per day we are looking to add a Process Development Manager to our site – strong people management and Compliance adherence are essential.
You'll be a central member of the Production and New Product Development teams where you'll support the launch of innovative concepts into the factory and be responsible for:
- Overseeing the transition of new concepts from kitchen to production, ensuring products are technically sound throughout the development process whilst guaranteeing customer specifications, timescales and budgets are met.
- Supporting NPD team meetings and co-ordinating resources to ensure accurate documentation of all development stages to maintain consistently high levels of product quality at all times.
- Planning and delivering production trials to monitor product performance in line with customer quality parameters as well as the latest food safety legislation, evaluating trial data and samples and troubleshooting potential issues.
- Working with internal teams including NPD and Production to co-ordinate post launch evaluations, monitoring the commercial and operational feasibility of concepts for full scale production and driving continuous improvements.
- Liaising with major retail customers to manage the critical path and conduct pre-production visits, keeping them informed throughout the launch cycle in order to manage and satisfy their expectations
- Working with NPD and Operations establish appropriate quality attributes, process controls for work in progress material, assembly and finished product taking into account operational capabilities.
- To operate in a safe working manner and support the site/business on continuous improvement relating to health, safety and the environment
- Work on process improvement and cost efficiency projects.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Process Technologist or Process Development Manager with previous experience of working in a similar role within a chilled or frozen food manufacturing environment where you have managed fast paced projects for major customers. You’ll have a proven track record of working directly with the UK retailers where you’ll have driven products through the NPD process using your highly organised and methodical approach. Working knowledge of technical standards including HACCP is essential along with great communication and people management skills as you’ll be helping to develop junior members of the team.
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Process management and leadership experience.
- A keen eye for commercial improvement to enhance profitability.
- Ideally a degree in a Food related subject or equivalent in experience.
- A proven track record of working in a fast paced food manufacturing environment.
- The ability to work to tight time scales and manage critical paths.
A forward thinker who comAre you an experienced process manager, looking for your next role in a highly reputable company?