Here at Hain Daniels we are currently recruiting for a Production Area Manager. Reporting to the Shift Production Manager you will be responsible for the overall operational management of your designated area. You will lead the factory in the achievements of long term performance targets through the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives, project planning implementation together with practical application of strategic objectives to ensure achievement of the Company business plan.
• Formulate, agree, monitor and implement operational plans to ensure budgetary targets are met to include specific reporting on relevant KPI measurements using DWOR;
• Ensure labour targets are met and areas are planned to achieve daily targets.
• Maximise, monitor and develop/implement initiatives to improve yields ensuring focus is provided on a daily basis
• Report Area performance to the Shift Senior Production Manager..
• Ensure high levels of employee engagement.
• Conduct regular team meetings and facilitate clear lines of communication utilising factory performance boards and championing the use of the tier process.
• Manage & monitor workforce performance and employee absence, coaching and mentoring employees where necessary whilst also ensuring appropriate application of policy to address concerns.
• Ensure high levels of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) are set and employees are engaged at all times and standard are regularly met.
What you will need for the role / what it will take
• Experience in food manufacturing environment
• Practical understanding of HACCP, GMP and hygiene systems
• Food Safety Auditing Experience
• Experience of leading a team
About Us / what we do:
At our Corby site we manufacture freshly prepared fruit, freshly squeezed juices and smoothies, and fresh fruit patisserie and fruit jellies for the retail channel. For over 30 years, Orchard House Foods have remained the UK’s market leader in ready-to-eat fresh fruit products, fresh fruit patisserie and drinks for leading UK retailers. Our commitment to innovation and NPD is renowned, as is our investment in our people. Our manufacturing sites and processes are some of the best invested and cutting-edge in the industry and are certified to the BRC Global Standard for Food Manufacturing, Grade A.
Why join us?
At Hain Daniels we’ve developed a real recipe for success: we create tasty food and drinks with goodness at their core, and work with some incredible brands whose ethos is the same as ours. At the core of everything we do are our people: without them, we simply wouldn’t be a market-leading food and drink specialist.
The typical Hain Daniels employee is friendly, hard-working and passionate about what they do. And by showing such commitment to us, we reward our team members with a lovely place to work and the chance to achieve their potential; with plenty of opportunities for personal development. We offer generous pay and a genuine opportunity to help the business grow.