Here at Hain Daniels we currently recruiting for a Night shift Production Manager. You will be responsible for the overall operational management of your designated area. You will lead the factory in the achievements of long term performance targets through the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives, project planning implementation together with practical application of strategic objectives to ensure achievement of the Company business plan.
The role holder will lead, motivate, and plan & co-ordinate the activities of the team in their area of responsibility and to assist other Managers/ Department Leaders and provide holiday cover in the Factory when required.This will ensure that the production plan is achieved using “The Hain Way” to the required management levels of Safety, Quality, People, Delivery and Cost.
- Lead and manage the team following “The Orchard Way” system for management
- Maximise, monitor and develop/implement initiatives to improve yields ensuring focus is provided on a daily basis
- Report performance to the Operations Manager.
- To promote and encourage, through active listening, identification, ownership and resolution of problems to continually improve team and business performance.
- To identify, discuss and agree, implement and evaluate training (informal and formal) for both team members and staff to increase the skills base and staff flexibility.
- Ensure high levels of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) are set and employees are engaged at all times and standard are regularly met, including MI’s and recipe control, fruit control and hygiene standards.
- Manage a team with a diverse culture and varying number, with regular utilisation of agency.
- Ensure regular team meetings are held and facilitate clear lines of communication utilising factory performance boards and championing the use of the tier process.
- Ensure labour is managed and controlled through completion of labour plans and job chats are completed.
- Provide clear leadership, demonstrating a practical application of the company’s core values and behaviours.
- Manage & monitor workforce performance and employee absence, coaching and mentoring employees (job chats) where necessary whilst also ensuring appropriate application of policy to address concerns.
Health and Safety:
- Accept responsibility for health and safety within their areas of control and set a personal example in demonstrating a concern for all health and safety matters.
- Assess the plan and modifying labour requirements accordingly.
- Waste levels and attained yield is measured effectively.
- Losses are logged on relevant paperwork, Giveaways are measured effectively.
What you will need for the role / what it will take
- Preferable degree / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification in Management
- Experience in food manufacturing environment (preferably chilled) and procedural responsibilities.
- Experience and competency in first line management in a production environment
- Experience of using DWOR
- Understanding of practical application of HR processes
- Practical understanding of HACCP, GMP and hygiene systems
- Food Safety Auditing Experience
- HND or equivalent in a relevant subject
- IOSH (Managing Safely)
- Level 3 Food Safety
- Driven by targets and have a strong commitment to quality outputs.
This role will be working night shifts, so applicants must be able to work nights before applying.
About Us / what we do:
At our Corby site we manufacture freshly prepared fruit, freshly squeezed juices and smoothies, and fresh fruit patisserie and fruit jellies for the retail channel. For over 30 years, Orchard House Foods have remained the UK’s market leader in ready-to-eat fresh fruit products, fresh fruit patisserie and drinks for leading UK retailers. Our commitment to innovation and NPD is renowned, as is our investment in our people. Our manufacturing sites and processes are some of the best invested and cutting-edge in the industry and are certified to the BRC Global Standard for Food Manufacturing, Grade A.
Why join us?
At Hain Daniels we’ve developed a real recipe for success: we create tasty food and drinks with goodness at their core, and work with some incredible brands whose ethos is the same as ours. At the core of everything we do are our people: without them, we simply wouldn’t be a market-leading food and drink specialist.
The typical Hain Daniels employee is friendly, hard-working and passionate about what they do. And by showing such commitment to us, we reward our team members with a lovely place to work and the chance to achieve their potential; with plenty of opportunities for personal development. We offer generous pay and a genuine opportunity to help the business grow.