Production Operative (6 Months Fixed Term Contract) – Peterborough food factory
Hourly rate with excellent over time rates
Start: As soon as possible!
Production Operative - The Role:
Our New Covent Garden Soup site is recruiting Production Operatives for a 6 month fixed term contract starting December 2017. The successful Production Operatives will be based at our soup factory in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.
We will be holding an Assessment Day at the site. All interested applicants will be required to attend on this day.
As a Production Operative, you will assist the Shift Production Manager and Production Team Leader in all aspects of soup production within an efficient, continuously improving production line. Specific responsibilities include blending, packing and assembling of a number of product lines within a well-trained team where there is open communication at all levels.
Production Operative - Key Responsibilities and what is required:
- Ensure all products are made to company specification including, temperature, weight, photo standards, CCP, reporting all failures to Team leader, or Skilled Technician.
- Assemble, blending, and packing of quality products to company standards at all times, reporting any failures.
- Report all downtime to ensure they are acted upon immediately and incidents of more than 10mins are reported to the Team Leader, Skilled Technician.
- Ensure materials are available and equipment is operating properly to deliver the production plan.
- Training onto the job will be provided
- A good command of the English language is required
- You must be able to work shifts
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferred but not essential.
- Must be able to commit to a 6 month FTC
About us / What we do:
At our New Covent Garden Soups site, Peterborough, we manufacture fresh soups for both our own brands and private label products. We offer the widest range of delicious soups, so their always something to look forwards to. Crafted with the finest produce, soup still remains a favourite meal in many of our homes. We’ve been making delicious soups for over 30 years with taste, health and nutrition remaining the heart of what we do.
Why join us?
At Hain Daniels we’ve developed a real recipe for success: we create tasty food and drinks with goodness at their core, and work with some incredible brands whose ethos is the same as ours. At the core of everything we do are our people: without them, we simply wouldn’t be a market-leading food and drink specialist.
The typical Hain Daniels employee is friendly, hard-working and passionate about what they do. And by showing such commitment to us, we reward our team members with a lovely place to work and the chance to achieve their potential; with plenty of opportunities for personal development. We offer generous pay and a genuine opportunity to help the business grow.
Keywords: Production, Operative, Manufacturing, Food, Factory, Packing, Machine,