An exciting opportunity has recently arisen for a Production Planner to join a well established business based in the Scottish Borders. As a Production Planner you will be responsible for converting customer orders in the most efficient way by ensuring the production plan is up to date and ensuring that all resources are in place to deliver the plan.
Production Planner Responsibilities
• Prepare the production plan for each product line for the week ahead, taking into account expected/historical customer orders, promotions, raw material availability and quality, and any other factor that could impact on the plan.
• Ensure depot splits are correct and that production orders have correct production components.
• Ensure correct quantity and size are reserved to correct pack production orders.
• To sequence, reserve and allocate the first production orders of the following shift.
• Schedule maintenance requirements, trials/samples and other events into production plans, always ensuring orders are maintained.
• Identify the number of staff required for each stage of the process, check any gaps, and to advise/support the Shift Managers on agency staff requirements.
• Liaise with hauliers and coordinate with despatch team to ensure loads leave site on time to meet customer distribution depot times.
• Ensure that all relevant staff are made aware of any changes to plans or orders, and that they are and are using the most up to date versions of all plans at all times.
The shift pattern is 4 on / 4 off 6pm- 6am
Elevate Recruitment & Training Consultants Limited are a specialist FMCG / Food industry recruiter. This vacancy is just one of a number of vacancies that we are working in the sector – please get in touch for further details.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Commutable from: Eyemouth, Musselburgh, Galashiels, Jedburgh, Hawick, Alwick, Kelso, Wooler, Melrose, Edinburgh, Peebles, Duns, Dalkeith, Haddington
Key words: Planning, Planner, FMCG, Manufacturing, Production
This role may be suitable for you if you have a background as any of the following:
Production Planner, Demand Analyst, Demand Planner, Production Analyst, Production Scheduler, Demand Scheduler, Production Analyst