Our client, a Leading International supplier of Chilled Food Products is looking to appoint a Quality Manager for their site based in Cornwall. As a key member of the site's leadership team, you will be required to lead a team of QAs, ensuring all of our clients products match customers' requirements, are food safe and produced to the highest levels of quality. You will lead a number of internal and external audits, manage customer complaints and work with all departments across the site to achieve goals. You will have a continuous improvement mindset and will work with the team to develop action plans to drive increased standards across the site.
As an International organisation, our client prides itself on creating high quality food, exceeding many recognised industry standards and care about their people.
- To lead our clients technical and hygiene teams, ensuring the highest standards are met, the teams are developed and engaged and work is completed in the most efficient and effective way
- You will be a key link with our client's customers, holding regular meetings with them, providing regular reports, sharing best practice, etc.
- Audits & Risk Assessment
- Managing the day to day technical and QA/QC functions
- Liaising with the sales and NPD teams
- Producing, updating and maintaining finished product specifications
- Chairing technical meetings and relaying technical / QA / QC performance data to site management.
If you are an experienced QA Manager with a commitment to raising standards and you are looking for a challenging and interesting role within a leading food company, then this could be the job for you.
If you are interested then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4217 with an updated CV.
- One of the UK's leading Chilled Food Companies producing innovative and tasty products
- With a Vision to ensure they deliver on their pledge to become one of the UK's truly great food companies
- A complex and varied range of products, customers and packaging formats
- Has sites operating to the highest industry standards, where Food Safety and Quality are a key priority
- Has a clear Technical Strategy built around a vision of guiding and driving the highest levels of Technical Excellence
The successful candidate will need:
- Experience of working in a similar role in a food manufacturing environment supplying the leading UK retailers.
- Experience of being a key point of contact with high profile customers and external auditors.
- Degree/HND in food science or equivalent.
- Level 3 Food Safety and HACCP.
- Excellent communication skills, in a variety of formats and to various audiences.
- An organised approach to work, along with the ability to flex to changing demands.
- People management, coaching and development experience.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques and demonstrable experience of successfully implementing those.
- The ability to build great working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Ideally you will also have Intermediate Microbiology, an externally recognised internal auditing qualification and retailer specifications training.