Our Client, a leading supplier of prepared foods, is looking for a Senior Development Technologist with a track record of delivering innovative new products and continuous improvement, for their site based in Wiltshire. Reporting to the Development Manager, you will take ownership of projects at all stages of the development process from concept through to launch.
Key accountabilities for the role will include:
- Pro-actively identifying new opportunities and innovations to improve the product, enhance the customers' experience and create competitive advantage &nbs p;
- Using your project management, creative and commercial skills and experience to manage product development projects
- Managing assigned projects from concept to launch – developing kitchen scale samples, calculating nutritional values, costing products and sourcing new raw materials
- Product improvement e.g. Nutrition and Quality – working closely with the Dietician, Manufacturing teams, Business units and Purchasing teams to analyse where improvements can be made and then deliver these, taking into consideration the needs of all stakeholders
- Using your commercial and creative skills to identify and assist in the delivery of cost reduction opportunities whilst ensuring product quality is never compromised
The salary for this role is £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits Monday – Friday within office hours, with some flexibility.
- Established family owned food manufacturer
- Well respected leader in their sector
- Producing delicious, nutritious and sustainable products
- Supporting British food and farming with a focus on using the best ethical and sustainably sourced ingredients
If you are interested in applying for this role please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4396 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.
Essential skills and experience include:
- A successful track record within food product development
- Experience of identifying and delivering cost savings
- Degree level qualification or relevant experience within the Food Manufacturing Industry – ideally within the chilled or frozen sector
- A real passion for food & nutrition
- Agility and drive to make things happen
- Good project management skills