The role of the Shift Engineer is to manage all aspects of maintenance and engineering operations during the shift, responding to breakdowns, completing preventative maintenance tasks and ensuring all departmental procedures are followed to ensure that all operational key performance indicators are achieved, whilst complying with company policy, procedure and legal compliance.
• Respond to process equipment breakdowns in a way that minimises downtime of equipment and processes:-
- Completion of daily logs for communication, repairs, spares, replacements or strip down purposes.
- Provide permanent corrective action plans to prevent re-occurrence.
- Involvement with site projects and team activities to constantly improve progress/best practice/safe working practices.
• Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety requirements on site as well as current legislation.
• Carry out maintenance tasks assigned and complete these in a way that maximises machine performance and reliability.
• To monitor the performance of our products and people to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and key stakeholders.
• Ensure “good manufacturing practice” (GMP) is followed at all times.
• Take part in or lead special projects or investigations as required by the Senior Management Team.
What you will need for the role / what it will take
• Proven skill level relating to the area concerned (fully accredited technical qualifications specific to either electrical or mechanical bias).
• Able to understand and implement Good Manufacturing Practice.
• Inherent understanding of site hygiene, technical, QA and Health & Safety requirements.
• Must be able to lead, instruct and motivate others.
• Advanced computer knowledge (spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail).
• Excellent communicator at all levels. Able to positively influence internal and external customers, staff and senior management with confidence in own ability.
• Able to analyse technical problems/situations when and before they arise, offering logical solutions appropriate to the needs of the business.
About Us / what we do:
At our Orchard House Foods site, Gateshead, we manufacture freshly prepared fruit for both the retail & convenience channels as well as key foodservice partners, making high quality, delicious food-to-go products. For over 30 years, Orchard House Foods have remained the UK’s market leader in ready-to-eat fresh fruit products, fresh fruit patisserie and drinks for leading UK retailers. Our commitment to innovation and NPD is renowned, as is our investment in our people. Our manufacturing sites and processes are some of the best invested and cutting-edge in the industry and are certified to the BRC Global Standard for Food Manufacturing, Grade A.
Why join us?
At Hain Daniels we’ve developed a real recipe for success: we create tasty food and drinks with goodness at their core, and work with some incredible brands whose ethos is the same as ours. At the core of everything we do are our people: without them, we simply wouldn’t be a market-leading food and drink specialist.
The typical Hain Daniels employee is friendly, hard-working and passionate about what they do. And by showing such commitment to us, we reward our team members with a lovely place to work and the chance to achieve their potential; with plenty of opportunities for personal development. We offer generous pay and a genuine opportunity to help the business grow.