Our Client, a leading international manufacturer of chilled food products for the major retailers and foodservice customers, is looking to appoint a Technical Controller for their site based in Bristol. As a key member of the site's senior leadership team you will be required to lead multi-disciplinary teams ensuring that the Manufacturing Unit(s) operate within the necessary technical/hygiene process standards by adhering to Customer, Group and Legal Standards.
The successful candidate will need:
- Contribute to the BU/MU Executive team to ensure that food safety and quality systems compliment the operational model
- Ensure technical governance across a multi-disciplinary team to deliver audit compliance with respects to internal, external, legal and customer requirements
- Provide a senior interface with customers on joint business planning activities to deliver exceptional standards to customer service and adherence to customer policies and requirements
- Create and deliver an integrated business plan to ensure that technical and hygiene processes are resourced and directed to deliver manufacturing, customer and legal business objectives
- Identify and promote technical business improvement practices in order to deliver legal compliance and competitive advantage whilst driving functional improvements
- Budget setting, monitoring and compliance ensure that budgetary controls are managed so that the business targets are met
- Devise and implement a Quality Management System ensuing that management information and statutory information is available for audit and BU/MU Executive decision making
- Degree calibre
- Food Hygiene Level 4
- Level 4 HACCP certified
- Level 3 Allergan management
- Level 4 Microbiology
- Lead Assessor qualification
- Awareness of Ethical and SEDEX management
If you are an experienced Technical Services Controller or Manager striving for a position where you can make your mark and you have the above skills and experience, then this could be the role for you. If it is of interest, then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4225 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.
- Established over 15 years ago, a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods supplying a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods across the group.
- Group-wide customers include major retailers and food service businesses in the UK and US
- Passionate about food with people at the core of their business
- Committed to driving continuous improvement and cost efficiency
Technical, Quality Assurance, Chilled Foods, Technical Manager, Technical Manager