Our Client is a dynamic, international business owning both iconic branded and own label food products, they are seeking a Site Technical Manager to lead the Technical team and achieve results by planning, organising, developing and motivating whilst supporting the team's continuous development to ensure a high performing unit.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing management, leadership and direction for all requirements of Technical performance
- Providing and maintaining management systems, ensuring full compliance at all times
- Providing a comprehensive Technical and Quality Assurance support service to manufacturing and retail operations
- Providing excellent leadership to help people perform at their best
- Enabling the team to input ideas, and consult on change, continuous improvement and development
- Managing optimum performance of team members
- Recruitment, induction and on-boarding of new staff
- Highly ambitious FMCG organisation with an expectation of high growth plans
- The site is embracing Lean Manufacturing / 5S methodologies so a track record / understanding of continuous improvement is important.
- Turnover in excess of £100m
- Have engaged in a rapid acquisition and organic led growth strategy
- Creating new opportunities for energetic, innovative and forward-thinking people to join their UK operating division.
If you are an experienced Technical Manager striving for a position where you can make your mark and you have the above skills and experience then this could be the role for you. If it is of interest, then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4222 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.
Essential / Desirable Skills include:
- Able to lead and inspire a team in a continuous improvement environment
- Competent in managing teams consistently and fairly
- Experience of leading from the front
- Excellent and effective communicator and motivator at team and management level
- Experienced in leading sites successfully through BRC (Level 6) with track record of achieving A grade
- Food Science / Technology degree or strong background in technically challenging products   ;
- Technical Management experience leading site where complex, added-value products are produced (e.g. sauces, soups, ready meals, chilled prepared foods).