This is a statement of the data protection policy adopted by Find Food Jobs.co.uk (FFJ).
The policy is subject to regular review to reflect, for example, changes to legislation or to the structure or policies of FFJ. All staff are expected to apply the policy and to seek advice when required.
Find Food Jobs.co.uk needs to collect and use certain types of information about people with whom it deals in order to operate. These include current, past and prospective individuals within the regulated community, FFJ’s own employees, suppliers and others with whom FFJ conducts business. In addition, FFJ may occasionally be required by law to collect and use certain types of information to comply with the requirements of government departments. This personal information must be dealt with properly however it is collected, recorded and used – whether on paper, electronically, or other means - and there are safeguards to ensure this in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Google Analytics is used on the Find Food Jobs.co.uk website which will result in collecting data from our users. However, you can opt out from the collection of their data by installing a browser add-on from the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. For browsers which cannot install a plugin you prevent further data collection by clicking here: Click here to opt-out of Google Analytics.
We regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information by FFJ as important to the achievement of our objectives and to the success of our operations, and to maintaining confidence between those with whom we deal and ourselves. We therefore need to ensure that our organisation treats personal information lawfully and correctly. To this end, we fully endorse and adhere to the Principles of data protection, as set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
The eight Principles require that personal information:
- shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met;
- shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes;
- shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed;
- shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for the specified purpose(s);
- shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act;
- should be subject to appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data, or the accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal data;
- shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Therefore Find Food Jobs.co.uk will, through appropriate management and strict application of criteria and controls:
observe fully conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information;
* meet its legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used;
* collect and process appropriate information only to the extent that it is needed to fulfill our operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements;
* ensure the quality of information used;
* ensure that the information is held for no longer than is necessary;
* ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held can be fully exercised under the Act (i.e. the right to be informed that processing is being undertaken, to access one’s personal information; to prevent processing in certain circumstances, and to correct, rectify, block or erase information that is regarded as wrong information);
* take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information;
* ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards
Content & Links
If the Client’s advertisement links to another site via the Company’s external apply online option, the Client is responsible for maintaining the links and for the content of your advertisement and the linked site. The Company may remove from the Website any advertisement which contains content or links to a site which, in its opinion, is defamatory, illegal or objectionable or will bring the Website into disrepute. The Client shall indemnify The Company from and against any claims or liability arising from content or links contained in its advertisements.
The Client will be advised if any Vacancies posted by the Client to the Website are to appear on any third-party websites. When Vacancies are posted to the third-party website, any such Vacancy will be controlled by the Client and be deleted or edited automatically and simultaneously when these actions are performed to the original Vacancy posting.
The Company Candidate Database
Rights in the database
Database rights and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property rights in the Candidate Database belong to The Company. The Client acknowledges that it does not acquire any rights in the database or its content and that its retention and use of the database and its content is governed by these terms and conditions.
The use of the database
The material the Client is entitled to receive from the Candidate Database is determined by the product you have purchased from The Company. On receipt of this material the Client may: a. Use, search or download it to its database for the purpose of finding suitable candidates for specific job vacancies that the Client or (in the case of an employment agency or employment business), it’s Client wish to fill; b. Use the information about the individuals contained in the database for the purpose of contacting them (either directly or through the Website depending on the product have purchased) in relation to a specific job vacancy; c. Use the information only in connection with the Client’s own recruitment-related activities. The Client may NOT: a. Supply, sell or license material from the candidate database, or a copy of it, to any other person, including another member of any Client group of companies; b. Download the database through any automated (e.g. "scraping") process; c. Contact the individuals on the database or make or allow any use of the information about those individuals, other than for the purpose of finding suitable candidates for specific job vacancies The Client must, at all times, comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all subsequent legislation and regulations. Dealings with Candidates The Client agrees to deal fairly and professionally with individuals it may contact using information from the candidate database and not do anything which may bring The Company or Website into disrepute. The Client shall indemnify the Company from and against any claim brought by an individual against the Company arising from the Client’s breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions, subject always to the limitations set out in the clause entitled 'Limitation on Liability'.
Passwords are for the sole use of the person to whom they are issued. The Company may deny access to a password if it reasonably believes that it is being used by an unauthorised person or that the user is breaching these terms and conditions.